Lately I’ve been researching personalities: introvert versus extrovert. It’s more than just Type A versus Type B. I came across an article on Huffington Post about Introvert Signs – 23 to be exact. I can honestly say I can relate to almost all of them. I always knew I felt “this” way about certain situations, but I had no clue that all together – they mean something huge about my personality.
- You find small talk incredibly cumbersome.
- You go to parties – but not to meet people.
- You often feel alone in a crowd.
- Networking makes you feel like a phony.
- You’ve been called “too intense.”
- You’re easily distracted.
- Downtime doesn’t feel unproductive to you.
- Giving a talk in front of 500 people is less stressful that having to mingle with those people afterwards.
- When you get on the subway, you sit at the end of the bench – not in the middle.
- You start to shut down after you’ve been active for too long.
- You’re in a relationship with an extrovert.
- You’d rather be an expert at one thing than try to do everything.
- You actively avoid any shows that might involve audience participation.
- You screen all your calls – even from friends.
- You notice details that others don’t.
- You have a constantly running inner monologue.
- You have low blood pressure.
- You’ve been called an “old soul” since your 20s.
- You don’t feel “high” from your surroundings.
- You look at the big picture.
- You’ve been told to “come out of your shell.”
- You’re a writer.
- You alternate between phases of work and solitude, and periods of social activity.
It’s no surprise to anyone in my family if I fall off the face of the earth for a day or so. They know what it means: migraine. I’ve been getting them for years but am finally getting them under control. Here is what I know thus far about them:
- Bright lights/ the sun
- Loud noises
- Overly strenuous workout exercises
Remedies when having a Migraine:
- #1 – SLEEP! If possible.
- Peppermint & M-Grain oils via diffuser and topically on temples/back of neck
- At least 60 oz. of water
- Dark, quiet environment
- Cold ice packs
- Head massages
- Healthy diet
How to Avoid:
- At least 60 oz. of water every single day
- Magnesium 500 dosage daily
- Remain calm – keep stress & anxiety levels low
- Wear sunglasses when going outside
- Turn volume down on phone, TV, etc.
- Healthy diet
- Work out more often yet less strenuous
I’ll be journaling about my migraine experiences, remedies and research.
My sweet Colby had his root canal appointment this morning. Surprisingly, the endodontic doctor let me watch the procedure, which wasn’t easy but it was interesting. All went well and C is now at home resting. I wanted to blog about how I can’t wrap my head around how incredibly thoughtful C is as a human being. Every single day.
Today, after his appointment as we were walking out to the car, he pulled me aside and thanked me for being his support system. He gave me the most loving hug and asked how I was doing today – …how I felt on my Monday morning and how I was viewing life in general. HE was the one who just had a painful tooth procedure and he is genuinely asking ME how I am feeling? I don’t know what I did to deserve such a sweet, patient and loving man. He makes me feel special, loved and appreciated every.single.day. Yep – daily. I’m not here to say that we are perfect as we ride into the sunset each night on our perfect white horse. But we are close 🙂 I truly believe what makes us so happy is the amount of respect we have for each other. We are genuinely kind to one another all the time. If I get frustrated or upset, he will give me space (if that’s what I need) OR he will give me his arms and wrap me in a world of love and support. I am blessed that he loves me so much. I can only hope he feels just as loved as he makes me feel.
I absolutely love who he is as a person – his character and who he is down to his core. Seeing him smile and hearing him laugh makes my heart feel incredibly full. Some recent pictures from this summer – smiling with a happy heart!
My favorite kind of picture 🙂
Palm Desert: August 2015
My 29th birthday dinner: July 2015
Last Thursday 8/6/15, we finally conquered potato chip rock! We had a blast, even though our legs felt like jello. The hike via Mt. Woodson was 98% uphill, so the water and apple slices came in handy to refuel. I will remember this experience forever. I am incredibly happy to have done this with my best friend and other half 🙂