Over the last year, I’ve noticed Zodi has gotten even sweeter with age. She follows me around the apartment and cuddles up next to me once I’ve found a spot on the couch or bed. I’ve decided to write down memories and characteristics about her now so I can look back and remember when she is no longer here on Earth with us. I’ll update it as I remember, but for now here are some off the top of my head:
- Hides under the bed when trash truck arrives.
- Very playful especially after going #2.
- Loves to burrow under blankets.
- Shakes body when getting up from sleep or resting.
- Leach on momma.
- Humps doggy bed.
- Loves to chew on toys and remove the stuffing.
- Good about going potty when sticking to the routine/schedule.
- Very sweet and gentle with children.
- Intelligent, spunky, cute and athletic.
- Whimpers when dreaming/asleep.
- Vulnerable at vet visits.
- Gets excited about day camp.
- Extremely loud barker.
- Growls turn into comical yawns.
- Flies off the bed like supergirl.
- Hogs the bed and pushes C to the end of his side.
A three day weekend is something I get excited about. I work reallllly hard, so when there is a holiday I take that time for me.
Valentine’s Day is a holiday in which I really don’t understand as to why its a holiday. Frankly, I believe love should be celebrated daily through respect, friendship, genuine love and kindness. Regardless, we join in on the exaggerated day of love like the rest of them 😉
How we spent Valentine’s Day 2016:
- C made me breakfast – eggs, toast, bacon, coffe and Cr-OJ!
- I surprised C with Darius Rucker concert tickets in July 🙂
- C surprised me with a ‘Running Girl’ sweatshirt I saw months ago at Sports Authority.
- We hiked Torrey Pines – the most gorgeous views of cliffs and the ocean (see below).
- Ate lunch outside on the patio at my choice of restaurant – I chose RUBIOS!
- Enjoyed a 90 minute massage here to relax from the hike 🙂
- Went home, ordered pizza and spent a romantic evening at home together 🙂
Monday was a holiday, so my girlfriend Jamie and I went to Lake Miramar. It was ridiculously hot, but we still had a great time enjoying each other’s company.