Somewhere in the midst of the last 2-3 years, I’ve really noticed my anxiety and perfectionism tendencies negatively impacting my life. An event such as going to a family function has me in a bundle of nerves while overanalyzing each detail while getting ready. These emotions are so strong that I’ll find myself feeling overwhelmed and overheated while we’re trying to leave the house. (How I wish I was a calm person who could easily walk out the door with out fretting about a thing). I fear this will get worse when children are in the picture.
A few weeks ago, I visited my doctor for my yearly physical. She expressed she was proud of me for taking control of my life by accomplishing the below items. When she asked me what my goals were for this next year, I almost laughed at how absurd her question sounded in my mind! I wanted to reply with “haven’t I done enough?!”
- Jogging 3x/week
- Clean eating habits (80% of the time)
- Refraining from consuming sugars
- Reduced salt intake
- Drinking at least 60 oz of water each day
- Taking daily vitamins
- Losing and maintaining a healthy weight
- Weekly adjustments with our family/friend chiropractor
- Going to bed early all nights of the week
- Exercising helps me “let go” of the little things that turn me into a hot mess stress ball.
- I prefer chilly, overcast weather – cool temps versus the hot sun shining.
- My busy eyes relax and focus on colors of blue, green and purple – all cool tones.
- I recently darkened my hair to a deep brown with blue undertones versus a reddish light brown.
- Both at home and at the office, I feel my best when my blinds are closed – dark versus light.