Monday – Hamburgers with veggies
Tuesday – Honey Nut Cheerios (after a long day at jury duty)
Wednesday – Acai bowls!
Thursday – Baked chicken with asparagus
Friday – Lasagna + salad
2. What I’m reminiscing about.
Thanksgiving + Christmas 2015.
We had the best time enjoying family during last year’s holidays. It makes me really look forward to the upcoming holidays in a couple months.
3. What I’m loving.
Almond butter. It’s delicious with apples, on toast or solo on a spoon for a snack.
4.What we’ve been up to.
Besides the usual working, exercising and balance…we are still home hunting 🙂 We think we may have found a townhome in RB! It doesn’t have everything on our wish lists, but almost 😉 Will keep you updated!!
5. What I’m dreading.
The financial burden of moving; on top of the actual moving part 😉
6. What I’m working on.
I’m trying so hard to be more organized. Planning dinners on Sunday night before grocery shopping.
Lots of projects at work too!
7. What I’m excited about.
Colby’s birthday on October 4th! Followed by our 2 year anniversary on October 10th.
I have a little surprise for him this Saturday night, which I can’t wait for. It’s nothing huge, but its something I know he will love 🙂
8. What I’m watching/reading.
We’ve been watching Big Brother 16, Narcos, Private Practice and Frasier. Total creatures of habit 🙂
Besides reading magazines, I am not reading a book right now. Honestly, I’m not a big reader when I don’t force myself to actually buy a book and get hooked.
9. What I’m listening to.
Besides jazz music, we’ve been putting on the ‘fireplace for your home’ on Netflix. Its so nice because you can have a crackling (visual) fire, fire (with music) or both! I put it on when we get home for when we are cooking dinner. It totally makes it feel like Fall, even though its 89 degrees today.
10. What I’m wearing.
Regardless of the heat, I’ve still been wearing jeans with dressy shirts. Our office keeps the A/C on all day, so its 65 degrees and ultimately, I freeze. At home, I’m either in workout attire or comfy yoga pants with a sweater.
|Pink florals next to a girlfriends birthday present 🙂|
|Apparently The Coffee Bean can run parallel next to Starbucks 😉
|A cloudy day last week 9.26.16|
|Another favorite sweet cream.|
|Have you tried Rumchata? Its seriously delicious but seriously fattening.|
Today I’ve had an annoying case of the BLAHs. I feel unmotivated and tired (yawn). Do you ever have one of those days? The days where nothing horrible OR amazing happens – it just IS… and its boring to be honest. I would guess a lot of people have days similar to my day today. #snore
Even though I felt like I was in slo-mo today, I still accomplished life on a blah day:
I’m proud of myself (and happy) today because:
- I drank four 17oz bottles of water today. That’s 68oz of water, people! Go me.
- My pee was clear by noon 🙂 #thankstowater #gross #stillproud
- I completed my goals of tasks to get done at work today.
- Even though I am dog tired, I will still force myself to exercise tonight after work. #shit
- After exercising tonight, we get to watch Big Brother over dinner. To say we are obsessed is an understatement. Go Nicole! 😉 #girlpower
- I reached out to a friend (last night) who thanked me (today via text) for continuously following up with her. We made lunch plans for this Friday 🙂
I am bummed today because:
- I picked almost all my mascara off by noon. Not a cute look.
- Apple didn’t release dark mode on the ios10 software update. I was looking forward to an idea since June, that was never released.
- My gel polish started lifting today 😦
- Moving is going to be freaking expensive. It’s starting to sink in how much $ is required to move with 2 rents and a deposit.
- I hate the shirt I’m wearing today. Its 2 sizes too big, extremely long and looks weird. Why do I even keep this thing? (Watch me keep it then continue to wear it for years to come).
- I took the time to straighten my hair this morning, but then wore it up in a bun all day long. WTF Courtney?
Today is proof that blah days aren’t all bad, but they’re not overly special either. I am still grateful for today, even if it is a little boring 😉